The aim of Fulfil the Wish is to support sick and disabled children. The charity’s operations run in three parts: A Fun Club, Coach travel in the UK and a trip to Disneyland Paris in France.
1. The Fun Club is based in West Yorkshire and is open to any child with a disability living locally.
2. Coach travel short breaks within the UK take place periodically throughout the year. Where demand exceeds places available, the Trustees will prioritise children with more complex disabilities, for whom travel is more difficult. Applications are screened, wherever possible, by a Trustee who does not know the applicant families to ensure fair practice. The Trustees’ decision is final.
3. The trip to Disneyland Paris takes place once annually, where restrictions allow. This trip is always oversubscribed and, as before, applications will be assessed by more than one Trustee and will be ranked in order of suitability. Priority will be given to applicants with more complex disabilities and not all applicants will get a place on the trip. The Trustees’ decision is final.
4. The trip to Disneyland Paris represents a significant financial outlay to the charity. To ensure as many families as possible can benefit, where more than one hotel room is required, families will be asked to pay the additional costs incurred. Where the application is for a child from a multiple birth, the Trustees will consider funding some additional costs, which will be assessed on an individual basis.
5. Eligibility criteria for residential trips, including to Disneyland Paris, are set by the Trustees, who aim to help those with more complex disabilities access these activities with their families. Fulfil the Wish is limited by finances, and as a small charity, we will not usually be able to offer activities to those with a singular diagnosis, such as Autism or ADHD, unless accompanied by complex medical needs.
6. COVID-19 – Due to the vulnerability of many of our applicants, a Covid passport will be required by all those eligible before attending any charity activity. This policy will remain under review.
Updated March 2022.